How to map our organization’s departments and documents under a Metadata term store RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a Wiki library for our company under SharePoint 2013. The idea of the wiki is to organize our work per department, then per project. For example for our financial dept we will have the following hierarchy:-

1. Annual bank settlement
       1.1 Bank A
           1.1.1 2013
           1.1.2 2012

1.2 BankB

2. Salaries

and for our Software engineering dept, they will have the following hierarchy :-

1. ProjectA
       1.1 Requirement
       1.2 Design
    2. ProjectB
       2.1 Requirement
       2.2 Design
    3. ProjectC

Now the problem with organizing our information in this way , will create conflicts. For example under each project inside the SW engineering dept. there is a “Design” term, so when the user click on the Design term link , inside the Category column for a wiki article as follow:-

link

it will take him to different Wiki articles depending on the project, while the logic would say that clicking on the “Design” should show all the wikis that are tagged as Design regardless of the project there are under it? so how I can organize my term store to be more useful and remove any conflicts ? Thanks

• Edited by johnjohn11 Monday, March 10, 2014 4:11 PM
    Monday, March 10, 2014 4:06 PM