none
failing to connect to SQLEXPRESS database located in LAN RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have SQL server 2008 installed in one machine . it have  got sql server authentication with user 'sa' and password 151210. TCP/IP protocol enabled.all port from IP1 to IP9 and IPALL have port set to 1433 and Dynamic port blank.in windows firewall in inbound rules ..> new rule...> added SQLEXPRESS. these are the preliminary setting I did.

case1

code written in C# and executed in the same  server using the connection string

Data Source=127.0.0.1,1433;Network Library=DBMSSOCN;Initial Catalog=A&T;User ID=sa;Password=151210 is working perfectly.

case2

code written in C# and executed in the client computer  using the connection string

Data Source=xxx.xx.x.xx,1433;Network Library=DBMSSOCN;Initial Catalog=A&T;User ID=sa;Password=151210 is not getting connected to the database. the server is able to be pinged from client and client is able to be pinged from server.

what is the problem with the connection string.

or is there any further setting

thanks in advance

iqbal

itismeiqbal

Monday, May 28, 2012 5:50 PM

Answers

• Hi iqbal,

I would like to know if you could connect to the target database through Management Studio from the client machine?

Best Regards,

Tony Xiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by iqbal1980 Sunday, June 3, 2012 11:41 AM
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:59 AM
  • ill try this today and let you know ; but in client machine server management studio alone can be installed ?

Regards

Iqbal

itismeiqbal

• Marked as answer by iqbal1980 Sunday, June 3, 2012 11:41 AM
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 3:09 AM

All replies