none
DTC transactions and RAM RRS feed

• Question

• We have Biztalk Server 2013R2 and SQL server installed on different boxes a few months ago. All of a sudden, our SQL server admin started complaining that Biztalk DTC transactions are taking too much of RAM and we don't have a clue about what's going on..

If anyone can provide any insight into it, it would be very helpful for us to troubleshoot it or check for a work around.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 4:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Troubleshooting Problems with MSDTC

• Check the disk I/O usage for the disk where the DTC log file resides on the SQL Server database server(s). IF DTC log file resides becomes excessive, this could led to disk I/O bottleneck.
    • May be you’re using transaction adapters like SQL Server, MSMQ, or MQSeries. Check the status of transactions between BizTalk and the destination systems.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 5:15 PM
  • Thanks for the response. Ofcourse MSDTC has been configured correctly.

An yup.. we are using MSMQ adapter.

I am focusing on this statement 'IF DTC log file resides becomes excessive, this could led to disk I/O bottleneck''.. Can we do something to fix it?

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 6:13 PM
  • Hi Annee,

To ensure the DTC log file does not become a disk I/O bottleneck, you should monitor the disk I/O usage for the disk where the DTC log file resides on the SQL Server database servers.

If disk I/O usage for the disk where the DTC log file resides becomes excessive, consider moving the DTC log file to a faster disk.

Refer the link for detailed explanation: Post-Configuration Database Optimizations

Monitoring and Reducing DTC Log File Disk I/O Contention

Rachit

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 6:26 PM