none
FSLogix Licensing (Windows 2019 on-prem RDS) - how to get a key since License should be included in RDS CALs? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we used FSLogix products before the acquisition from Microsoft for different customers.
    3 months a go, I've completed a deploy for a new Windows 2019 RDS Server (on-prem) including O365 (Shared Computer activaction) and installing FSLogix to have the proper performances by using the O365 Container / Cache on Outlook.

When we contacted our usual reseller, Microsoft replied that this technology is now included in RDS CALs Licenses or in Windows Virtual desktop.

Since the situation was not clear last month, the Microsoft rapresentative from out distributor gave us a trial-key of FSLogix that will least until end of August.

Now, since this technologiy should available together with RDS CALs, what can I do to make sure my FSLogix will contintue to work after the expiration of the license?

Are the new versions released from Microsoft key-less and I can just download the last version? Or How do I obtain a Key now?

Since the customer just went live with this typical RDS On-Prem Server last month, a migration to WDD is certainly not planned at this point, but we need to continue using the features of FSLogic O365 Container.

Thank you for your help!

Mirto Morinini

Friday, August 2, 2019 7:14 AM

All replies