Open Infopath form based on diffrent calculation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to open InfoPath in SharePoint2010 based on different item selected...

1) when different item selected from dropdown ..

2) Calculate some method based on item (using Workflow / InfoPath custom code )

3) Apply value to InfoPath form and open form.

How can I apply calculation before opening InfoPath form ..workflow/InfoPath loading event ? what is the better solution .. I want to run in sandbox...

select Item from dropdown --> run WF for calculation / InfoPath loading event --> open form with calculated values fill in field

any help or suggestion is appreciated.. Thanks

Tej http://tejzatms.blogspot.com/
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 6:18 PM

All replies

• Can you elaborate issue a liitle bit more.

Where is the drop down you are talking about.

Using workflow/infopath code : This means you can choose either?

Apply value to infopath form : The values are promoted in SharePoint list?

Dare to promise
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 7:21 PM
  • e.g. 

1) SharePoint "StateList" list  has  diffrent US state which populated in Dropdown in webpart.. each State has diffrent Taxes & other charges (shipping & etc) ...

Where is the drop down you are talking about ? list & selected from Dropdown control in Webpart.

2) When "State 1" selected and click "select" button

3) Want to calculate diffrent  Taxes & shipping charges (based on total amount)  ... based on state selected. (Not stored in List , dynamic calculation base on percentace (%) from diffrent List)

Using workflow/infopath code : This means you can choose either? not sure what to use ...but  better perfomance , less customization and allow to build as Sandbox solution.

Apply value to infopath form : The values are promoted in SharePoint list? no.. values not stored in list .. calculated everytime open form & fill with & applied when new Items added into cart

4) Open InfoPath form (shopping Cart) & apply all taxes & charges... & Final sum.,

5) save to new list..

6) allow to edit next time... in infopath form

I have not tried how to do before.. & want to find if possible solution.. Thanks

• Edited by Tejz Tuesday, November 1, 2011 9:09 PM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:58 PM
  • I am not sure about the requirement of using webpart which will complicate your solution. Also you have to pass value from webpart to infopath form.

You have to do calculation on form load.

If I have to do , I would do everything in infopath form without using any webpart.

Dare to promise
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:28 PM
  • Thanks D-Virdi,

From web part only pass "Selected" values from dropdown and all calculation for InfoPath Loading event / Workflow.

Is it possible to initiate Workflow after selecting Item from dropdown and do calculation in WF and send calculated values to InfoPath form?(stored in temp list)  that way if added new item, It would be easy to add new WF. I can eliminate web Part to application page.

else I have to do infoPath programming only... update everytime when new item added.

thanks again..

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 2:53 PM
  • Sorry If I cannot understand your problem or we are not on same page.

To Initiate workflow you need an event (adding, update which is done by Submit button of a list) or manual which is not aplicable in your issue. 

Just create infopath form populate State List in drop down in it and when user changes the state do calculation on On Changed event of drop Down.

Which webpart are you using?

Dare to promise
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:53 PM
  • As you say .. I can use dropdown in InfoPath header itself.. but not concern custom  coding in infoPath(Browser Base and InfoPath Form WP ) with create any issue in Sandbox solution and performance also. As of now I do not have  working environment to do some Test / R & D, so I am having lots of questions...

Want to initiate(using webservice )   WF(Different calculation) on Item changed in dropdown in InfoPath form & applied calculated value when end the WF and user can save .... Is it possible ?

have to use OOB or custom web part.

thanks..!

• Edited by Tejz Thursday, November 3, 2011 4:33 PM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 4:29 PM