none
ReportViewer 10 progress animation? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I just upgraded from ReportViewer 9 to to ReportViewer 10. I longer see the progress animation (spinning wheel) while report is being generated. Is there a way to get that behavior back with Report Viewer 10?
    Monday, April 26, 2010 6:03 PM

Answers

• For reportviewer control's settings, I am using the default settings since this is a pure new Visual Studio 2010 RTM that I just installed. You may try reinstalling your Visual Studio 2010 to see if it helps.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 8:49 AM

All replies

• Are you using the ASP or WinForms viewer?
    Monday, April 26, 2010 8:11 PM
  • Hi Matt, this is in ASP.NET environment.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 2:01 PM
  • Albert,
    For report rendering, based on your observation, how much time longer for ReportViewer 10 compared to ReportViewer 9? Does this issue happen only on your specific report or any of your reports?
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 5:40 AM
  • This happens on all reports. 
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 1:44 AM
  • Albert,

I do not see similar issues at my side. The report rendered in reportviewer 10 is as fast as in reportviewer 9. Could you please first confirm with me on my previous question "how much time longer for ReportViewer 10 compared to ReportViewer 9?" based on your observation?

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 7:26 AM
  • Charles,

my issue is not the amount of time it takes to render the report (some reports can take from 5 to 10 seconds to render because of the query involved). My issue is that I no longer see the spinning wheel animation. Are you saying that your report viewer displays a green spinning wheel just like it did in ReportViewer 9? If so, can you post the markup for ReportViewer control with the settings you're using?

Thanks.

Albert

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 1:33 PM
  • Hi Albert,
    Thanks for your clarification. In your initial post, it is lack of a "no" before "longer". This made me misunderstand your issue.

Anyway, yes I can see the green spinning wheel animation. My reportviewer control is 10.0.0.0.

The spinning wheel display immediately when a report starts to be rendered:

Thursday, May 6, 2010 8:31 AM
  • For reportviewer control's settings, I am using the default settings since this is a pure new Visual Studio 2010 RTM that I just installed. You may try reinstalling your Visual Studio 2010 to see if it helps.
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 8:49 AM