none
Windows Embedded 8 Standard MAK "There are No Images Available" RRS feed

• Question

• Windows Embedded 8 Standard MAK "There are No Images Available"

I downloaded Windows Embedded 8 standard from
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=37019 and used the 180 day trial to build an image using ICE. We purchased a 100 pack of Windows Embedded 8 Standard licenses from CDW but when I try to install the image using the MAK key I get "There are no images available" during setup. I called Microsoft and the lady I spoke with said the version of Windows Embedded I'm using is the "retail version" and we will have to get the media from the company we purchased the license through. CDW says they do not have the media and Microsoft says it is not available to download. So I guess my question is, does the download from the link above not work with MAK keys and if that is the case, how do you obtain the media for the MAK version or where can you get keys that will work with the version I have already downloaded?

Thursday, April 16, 2015 3:50 PM

All replies

• Please apply the WE8S OPK from your local distribution. The method to apply WE8S license is different from MAK's. Ask your local distribution to  give you a form named "Microsoft Windows OEM Embedded Activation", it is a word type document, like the below screenshot.

Friday, April 17, 2015 1:19 AM
  • Windows Embedded is a different license than Windows Desktop. You have to contact a Microsoft distributor like Avnet to get a license key and sign a license agreement.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, April 17, 2015 4:05 AM