autocomplete in SSRS? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts,

It is a bit annoying for a list of 300 countries to have to filter manually through them, I know excel has it built-in where you type and it filters real time.

How can I achieve  the real time filtering while the user types?

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 4:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Autocomplete of input parameter value in SSRS is not available as of now (might be included in future). Instead in your case, you can try with cascaded parameter to reduce the list of countries for the user by keeping the region as first parameter, based on region selection display the countries.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-design/add-cascading-parameters-to-a-report-report-builder-and-ssrs

sathya - My blog ** Mark as answered if my post solved your problem and Vote as helpful if my post was useful **.

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:05 PM
  • May be you can add a region filter on top to further group the countries and make country parameter cascaded based on it so that when selecting a region only countries under them will be listed

Region can have values like Americas, South East Asia, Europe etc

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:15 PM
  • Hi maca128, 

As I know, the SSRS can't support real time filtering currently. You need to pass the corresponding values, then click the "preview" or press enter key, then it will show corresponding records.

Or if you want to show country automatically when you choose Region, you also could follow Viaskh16 and SathyanarrrayananS's suggestions.

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 2:40 AM