none
Mapping tables in Entity Framework RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Bill,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I think you are using database approach. I tested the sample based on the article you provided. I tried to refresh Customer and CustomerAddress tables. The changes is preserved. Please back up your solution and try to refresh it.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Monday, March 11, 2013 4:13 PM
    Monday, February 18, 2013 8:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Bill,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I think you are using database approach. I tested the sample based on the article you provided. I tried to refresh Customer and CustomerAddress tables. The changes is preserved. Please back up your solution and try to refresh it.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Monday, March 11, 2013 4:13 PM
    Monday, February 18, 2013 8:33 AM
  • Hi Bill,

Is what Alexander said working for you? If so then I'll mark this one as done, otherwise I'll look into it for you.

We are seeing a lot of great Entity Framework questions (and answers) from the community on Stack Overflow. As a result, our team is going to spend more time reading and answering questions posted on Stack Overflow. We would encourage you to post questions on Stack Overflow using the entity-framework tag. We will also continue to monitor the Entity Framework forum.

Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:35 PM
  • That worked, but if I need to regenerate my database model from my physical database, the changes I made would be lost....

As a matter of fact, any changes that you make to the model would be lost if you have to regenerate it. I love EF, but this is an issue which I'm sure why a lot of companies don't use it. One little change to the database could throw your whole model off....

How can I prevent this?

Bill Yeager

Friday, February 22, 2013 12:56 AM