Object reference not set to an instance of an object. MSSQL server report builder RRS feed

• Question

• When I try and run Report Builder Reports i get this error message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object. "

I can run reports locally but not from Report manager

here is the stack trace info

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.WebRequestHelper.GetExceptionForMoreInformationNode(XmlNode moreInfo, XmlNamespaceManager namespaces) +18
       Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.WebRequestHelper.ExceptionFromWebResponse(Exception e) +358
       Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.ServerUrlRequest(Boolean isAbortable, String url, Stream outputStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) +482
       Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.InternalRender(Boolean isAbortable, String format, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection urlAccessParameters, Stream reportStream, String& mimeType, String& fileNameExtension) +958
       Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReportControlSource.RenderReport(String format, String deviceInfo, NameValueCollection additionalParams, String& mimeType, String& fileExtension) +84
       Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ExportOperation.PerformOperation(NameValueCollection urlQuery, HttpResponse response) +143
       Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +75
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +154
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

Thursday, February 15, 2007 8:10 PM

Answers

• I found the answer.  I just reinstalled MS SQL server.
    Tuesday, February 20, 2007 4:04 PM

All replies

• Since Team Foundation isn't in the stack, moving this over to SQL Reporting Services to take a look.

Thursday, February 15, 2007 8:47 PM
  • I found the answer.  I just reinstalled MS SQL server.
    Tuesday, February 20, 2007 4:04 PM