none
Difficulty Referencing / Consuming a SOAP Web Service

Question

• Problem Statement - I cannot establish a reference within my application code to a remote producer web service and access its Methods.

Background - I am attempting to connect to a SOAP based web service outside my companies network. A consumer proxy been created within an assembly (named ESACR) that is common to the entire solution. The proxy appears to look good in that the Service Reference folder was created along with the supporting DLL. I made a copy of the DLL (Service References.Reports.Reference.vb.dll) and placed the file in a CommonDLL folder.

Within the properties of the ESACR assembly I set up a reference to the Service References.Reports.Reference.vb.dll.

Problem - Within one of the classes, within a function when I attempt to reference the web service Visual Studio reports that the reference is not defined. I have tried..

Dim srvReports as new ESACR.Reports as well as many other combinations.

Any assistance here will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks // Jeff

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 3:43 AM

Answers

• Weiwei,

Thanks for the feedback. In todays meeting with several other companies all of which are attempting to reach the same Web Service... it was noted that no other company could reach the web servicer as well.

Looking like the problem is on the producer end. Will be holding back waiting to see what happens.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thursday, June 30, 2016 2:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Jeff,

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

According to your description, could you please tell us what project type that used to call the SOAP Web Service? If it is you are using ASP.NET, I suggest you post this problem to WCF, ASMX and other Web Services forum.  If other type of project, please feel free to let me know, I will help you find the applicable forum to get better help. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 5:07 AM
  • Understand... the only thing close to the name of the forum you need me to post in is under ADO titled...

WCF (ADO.NET) Data Services

Did not guess that one.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:41 AM
  • The link you provided appears to be outside my MSDN account. Wanting me to sign in using my ASP.NET website account. Do you have another forum that is within my MSDN account I can post to?

My issue is related to attempting to connect to an external (to my company) SOAP based web service embedded using an assembly within in my dotnet Solution (Visual Studio Pro 2013)

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:48 AM
  • Hi Jeff,

I have discuss this problem with the experts on WCF, ASMX and other Web Services forum, they suggest you post this issue to the WCF, ASMX and other Web Services forum.

Since the ASP.NET forum is standalone with MSDN forum, I could not move this thread to that forum directly. Thanks for you understanding.

But you still can use the MSDN account to register on that forum. Please click the Microsoft button on left side of that page and then register with your MSDN account.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 2:10 AM
  • Weiwei,

Thanks for the feedback. In todays meeting with several other companies all of which are attempting to reach the same Web Service... it was noted that no other company could reach the web servicer as well.

Looking like the problem is on the producer end. Will be holding back waiting to see what happens.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thursday, June 30, 2016 2:48 AM