The instance completed without consuming all of its messages. The instance and its unconsumed messages have been suspended. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am getting zombies when I try to force an ACK on a 2-way port (without using an orchestration) by promoting the required properties. This is however creating a zombie - sort of makes sense as I am returning a message to the caller before its finished routing the message. This is because I have a messaging extender being called in the receive pipeline (via itinerary) 

Apart from a cleanup script that I can run to remove these is there a way to better catch zombies via a message subscription etc?

Biztalk Developer

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 7:26 AM

Answers

• this did the trick for me - saves me writing any code

https://btszombiemanagement.codeplex.com/

Biztalk Developer

• Marked as answer by Jody Petroni Wednesday, June 10, 2015 12:35 AM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2015 12:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think you can subscribe to these zombie messages (by message type or any promoted property that you can identify) and consume them with an orchestration or a send port.

If you don't need these messages at all, maybe the best option should be consuming the messages with a send port, which uses  a custom pipeline component that discard the messages when processing them (returning null in the Execute method for example).

Regards.

When an answer is helpful, please vote as helpful, propose as answer and/or mark as answer

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 7:40 AM
  • Tried that but they dont seem to be routing to the send port event thought the properties are promoted. Must be a special type of exception in BT

Biztalk Developer

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 10:17 PM
  • this did the trick for me - saves me writing any code

https://btszombiemanagement.codeplex.com/

Biztalk Developer

• Marked as answer by Jody Petroni Wednesday, June 10, 2015 12:35 AM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2015 12:35 AM
  • Rather than an out-of-band solution, use an Orchestration.  There is nothing wrong with that.

The Zombie Management service doesn't actually fix the problem, just handles it in the most circuitous way possible, which is fine if there is no other way.

• Proposed as answer by Ravindar Thati Wednesday, June 10, 2015 6:38 AM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2015 1:58 AM
  • Hi John-305 ,

Can you please elaborate on how to solve zombie messages using Orchestration?

Thursday, August 29, 2019 3:06 PM
  • Mohammad.

You would be better of avoiding scenarios or patterns where you get zombies in the first place.  If you are getting zombies, please post a question in a new thread explaining the scenario where you are getting zombies, and then maybe someone can help you resolve that.

Sunday, September 1, 2019 11:06 PM