XAML design (Expresion blend) loading failed in my first metro style application

Question

• Just start my first Windows Metro Style application with C++, no errors when I build, but failed loading XAML design window and got below errors:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

The Appx package's manifest is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080204)

Friday, March 2, 2012 9:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Frank,

As Strentler pointed out, the AppX package manifest is invalid in your project because of "_" (underscore) in the application name. This is a known issue with Visual Studio 11 and is expected to be fixed in next public release.

Please avoid using "_", spaces characters in your project name.

-Navit Saxena

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 7:27 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

Could you please validate the following you can see the XAML designer for a blank C# application, and you can build and run the C# application just fine?

Also, please feel free to get in touch with directly at unnir at microsoft dot com, and I can help out better.

Thanks,
    Unni

Unni Ravindranathan, Program Manager, Microsoft Expression This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, March 2, 2012 9:14 PM
  • hi,

it looks like the underscore '_' in your Projectname "Application1_cpp" is causing the problem?!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 7:16 AM
  • Hi Frank,

As Strentler pointed out, the AppX package manifest is invalid in your project because of "_" (underscore) in the application name. This is a known issue with Visual Studio 11 and is expected to be fixed in next public release.

Please avoid using "_", spaces characters in your project name.

-Navit Saxena

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 7:27 AM