none
Com Visible .Net Class RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi Guys,

how do i create a .net class COM visible actually ill be using framework 1.1 because the production server supports only 1.1 so  i tried using comvisible(true) and  building and did regasm and gacutil /if n all the steps i know but the classes arnt visible for my asp.net pages.. but when i open the visual studio 2005 IDE i can see this is listed in com references but when i tried to add it gives an error.  if somebody can provide me how to create comvisible classes and implementation of it, it will be a great help. Thanks.

regards

• Changed type Bruno Yu Monday, June 23, 2008 5:35 AM Change tne unreplied thread to Comment.
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 6:54 PM

All replies

• Pray tell, what's the error?
    Hans Passant.
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 8:09 PM
  • We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thank you!

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, June 23, 2008 5:39 AM
  • I've created COM visible classes in 2.0 and 3.0 and C# that work that are visible to VB6.  To make them COM visible, I used the COMVisibleAttribute and so forth, but I had to also write a C# Interface for what I wanted to be visible.  Only then would VB6 fully recognize the COM.  Without the Interface, VB6 had no "intlli-sense" for the objects.
    Monday, June 23, 2008 1:45 PM
  • heyy,

thanx for all your replies. i couldnt get back to the thread as i was sick.. anyway i managed to write com visible .net class.. thanx for your reply..yeah i had missed the interface.. and managed to write the interface and make it visible in vb6 ..thanx a ton...
    Monday, June 23, 2008 4:12 PM