none
Product Key Image Configuration Editor RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Since a few days i have to enter the product key of the ICE every time i started the software. The entered product should activate the ICE in perpetual but this doesn't work. The problem exists on two different machines.

What can i do to activate the ICE perpetual?

Best regards.

Monday, September 1, 2014 8:58 PM

Answers

• Press the right click on Image configuration editor and choose "Run as administrator", then retype the ICE PID again. It maybe can solve this question.
    • Marked as answer by Joerg1960 Tuesday, March 3, 2015 9:10 AM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 8:48 AM

All replies

• In WES7,enter the PID in ICE means the machine is perpetual activated already. But in WE8S, you should do another one thing is activate product via internet or phone. The OS based on windows 8 kernel should activate via internet or phone.
    Tuesday, September 2, 2014 6:16 AM
  • Starting with WE8S, every system that you ship needs to be activated individually.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 3:23 PM
  • Hello, My question isn't about the product key within the WES8 images, they work fine. My Problem is the ICE himself. Every time I start the editor i have to insert the product Key for the ICE. That's boring. Best Regards joerg.

Best regards, joerg.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 6:21 PM
  • Yes. That's boring for me too. If you create a new answer file, you should key in the PID again, that's rule. If you key in the PID and the system also tell you should key in it again, please fill PID at the following right location to avoid the messagebox. 

1. Core->Setup_x86->UserData->ProductKey->Key(1 Windows PE)

2. Core->Shell-Setup_x86->ProductKey (4 Specialize)

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 1:17 AM
  • There is a key for ICE. If you downloaded the tools, a key should have been presented. You should only have to enter the key once.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

• Proposed as answer by bagira520 Wednesday, September 3, 2014 7:30 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Joerg1960 Wednesday, September 3, 2014 9:24 AM
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 2:36 AM
  • Hello again. Yes, this is the expected behaviour. But it doesn't do so. I'm working about one year with the ICE and since a few weeks i have to enter the key every startup of the software. This behaviour i have on two different systems. I have registered for a new key but the result is always the same. Realy booring.

Best regards, joerg.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 9:34 AM
  • Did you download the trial version or the full version? Are you entering the key for the tools?

They also supplied run-time key for the OS you build via ICE. This key shouldn't work with the tools.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 3:45 PM
  • The same happen to me, in two computers. Just during the first week, after the key insertion, the ICE doesn't prompt  for the key, and in the help gave the product id.
    But after the first week every time that I run it, it ask for the key. Best regards, Roberto

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 7:20 AM
  • I'm still facing the prob. Br Joerg

Best regards, joerg.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 7:35 AM
  • Press the right click on Image configuration editor and choose "Run as administrator", then retype the ICE PID again. It maybe can solve this question.
    • Marked as answer by Joerg1960 Tuesday, March 3, 2015 9:10 AM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 8:48 AM
  • Hi,

that solution works for me.

Best regards, joerg.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 9:11 AM