Edge server support in hybrid deployment with centralized mail flow RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

Is the edge server supported supported in a hybrid deployment with centralized mail flow? Yes or No?

I Have configured edge server and bellow is the mail flow status

• Mail from On-prem mailbox to on cloud mailbox: Success
    • Mail from On-Cloud to On-Prem: Success
    • Mail from external recipient to on cloud: Success
    • Mail from on cloud to external recipient: Fail

For the last scenario my edge server is rejecting internet bound messages from EOP with the error 550.5.7.4 unable to relay recipient in non-accepted domain. 

I then gave the ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Recipient extended rights on the edge server receive connector. This time the mails went trough EOP but then got stuck on the edge server where now I am receiving the error A matching connector cannot be found to route the external recipient.

I even changed the domain to * in the edge sync connector but after doing so all the emails in queue got flushed with an NDR message, interestingly those NDR's were not delivered to the cloud user where the mail had originated from.

Senior Technical Consultant, MDS Computers

Wednesday, October 21, 2020 5:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Shoaib Hassan,

Exchange Development forum isn't supported by Microsoft. Exchange Forum has been migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A

So, I help you open a new thread and post a suggestion on that new forum: Target link. We can continue to discuss the issue in that new thread.

If you have more questions about Exchange server, welcome to post them in that new forum. If you have question about script or EWS development, you can keep post in current Forum.

Regards

Kyle Xu

Thursday, October 22, 2020 5:32 AM