WebView is Ignoring Input RRS feed

• Question

• I am having some issues with the WebView control.

The first page of my app has links and those links each navigate to the same page which has a WebView on it.

The first time I click a link, it navigates to the second page, and the webview loads the associated url and everything works fine.

Then if I click the back button to navigate back, and click a different link, it still navigates to the second page and the webview still loads the associated url, but this time the webview will not accept any input. Like there is an invisible control over it that is taking all of the input.

I have figured out that if I go out of the app, then back in, the webview will accept input again. But if I then navigate to a different link, same thing happens.

I'm using the LayoutAwarePage which is just the BasicPage template and I am usingthis.NavigationCacheMode = Windows.UI.Xaml.Navigation.NavigationCacheMode.Required; on the main page to keep the list which is in a scrollviewer from changing position.

Any ideas why it is behaving this way?

Saturday, September 29, 2012 7:12 AM

Answers

• This is a known issue.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, October 19, 2012 6:50 PM

All replies

• Each time you navigate for the page that have the WebClient try to recreate the WebClient.

Sara Silva

• Edited by saramgsilva Friday, October 19, 2012 10:09 AM
    Friday, October 19, 2012 10:08 AM
  • This is a known issue.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, October 19, 2012 6:50 PM