Windows 8 HP Slate multi touch

Question

• I have win 8 developer preview on my HP slate 500.  only thing (among others) is the touch screen to zoom in or out etc doesn't work.

And I get an error installing the N Trig driver for the pen.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Sean

Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:58 PM

Answers

• Copied from TabletPCReview Forum.

To install the n-trig multitouch driver:

1. Download the driver package from the HP slate support website (sp50505.exe).
    2. Use 7-zip to open the self-extracting archive and extract the files to a temporary folder.
    3. Run Disk1/x32/DPInst.exe in Vista Service Pack 2 compatibility mode (Windows 7 compatibility mode doesn't work).

The NtrigPanel.exe can also be run in VistaSP2 compatibility mode for resetting the digitizer.

To test multitouch, run Paint. You should get four points you drag your fingers across the canvas.

Addendum: I recommend you run the slate with the Intel GMA500 drivers in "high performance mode" (activated in the options of the intel graphics properties). You can also install the Broadcomm Crystal HD drivers in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 10:15 PM
  • Hello Sean,

The Zoom feature has been disabled in the the Windows Developer Preview build.

Regarding the driver for the pen - my recommendation would be to download the most current Windows 7 driver from the HP.com web site.

Thanks

Michael
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:59 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hello Sean,

The Zoom feature has been disabled in the the Windows Developer Preview build.

Regarding the driver for the pen - my recommendation would be to download the most current Windows 7 driver from the HP.com web site.

Thanks

Michael
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:59 PM
    Owner
  • Copied from TabletPCReview Forum.

To install the n-trig multitouch driver:

1. Download the driver package from the HP slate support website (sp50505.exe).
    2. Use 7-zip to open the self-extracting archive and extract the files to a temporary folder.
    3. Run Disk1/x32/DPInst.exe in Vista Service Pack 2 compatibility mode (Windows 7 compatibility mode doesn't work).

The NtrigPanel.exe can also be run in VistaSP2 compatibility mode for resetting the digitizer.

To test multitouch, run Paint. You should get four points you drag your fingers across the canvas.

Addendum: I recommend you run the slate with the Intel GMA500 drivers in "high performance mode" (activated in the options of the intel graphics properties). You can also install the Broadcomm Crystal HD drivers in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 10:15 PM