Unable to change Bing Maps pricing tier in Azure Portal RRS feed

• Question

• We are currently using the free pricing tier for Bing Maps API but this month we hit the limit and want to upgrade to Tier 2 pricing. In the portal, it gives me the option to do this but when I make my selection and hit OK, nothing happens other than that blade closing. The pricing plan doesn't change, no error is generated.

Microsoft Azure support say this is something they can't assist with and we need to get in touch with the app owners for assistance. Funny, I though Bing Maps were owned by Microsoft...

Anyway, does anyone have any experience of this issue, or can you tell me who I need to get in touch with to resolve this?

Thanks,

Andy.

Friday, May 19, 2017 2:57 PM

Answers

• The Azure Marketplace team has 100% control of this. The Bing Maps team simply provides the pricing information, Azure owns the site and billing process for selecting tiers. Who ever you talked to on Azure support is wrong. Feel free to loop me in any conversation you are having with them. My email is richbrun at microsoft.com

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Friday, May 19, 2017 3:58 PM
  • Thanks Ricky. I have included your message in my reply to the case, hopefully this should lead them in the right direction and we can get things sorted.

Thanks for your assistance.

Andy.

AMB

• Marked as answer by Andy Budgen Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:44 AM
    Monday, May 22, 2017 8:13 AM

All replies

• The Azure Marketplace team has 100% control of this. The Bing Maps team simply provides the pricing information, Azure owns the site and billing process for selecting tiers. Who ever you talked to on Azure support is wrong. Feel free to loop me in any conversation you are having with them. My email is richbrun at microsoft.com

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Friday, May 19, 2017 3:58 PM
  • Thanks Ricky. I have included your message in my reply to the case, hopefully this should lead them in the right direction and we can get things sorted.

Thanks for your assistance.

Andy.

AMB

• Marked as answer by Andy Budgen Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:44 AM
    Monday, May 22, 2017 8:13 AM