none
Outbound EDI party resolution RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

say we have an outbound edi party set-up and we want to identify this party using several aliases.
    How would we best do this?

We can set-up the EDI party, but can we specify and use aliases for outbound EDI messages?

Since the EDI engine checks the party name, does it take into account alias names? I tried this but it did not function.

Why do we need this?

Say, an application sends out information that has to be transformed into EDI.
    Say, the application has several destinations that all result in the same EDI party. (because EDI is sent to a gateway that does further splitting...)
    Wouldn't it be nice to use the application party names as aliases all resulting into 1 EDI party?

I now have to translate the application party names into the 1 edi party name... or am I missing something?

Thanks for any advice.

Koen
    Monday, March 17, 2008 10:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I apologize for late reply. A party can have muliple alias but EDI engine only uses party name for party resolution.

Friday, May 16, 2008 9:43 PM

All replies

• Did you ever get a response or solution to this question? I was reading through the tutorials (that tells you how experienced I am ) and saw something that suggest that "." could be used as a wildcard in the alias, but I've never actually been able to get it to work. If there is no such thing as a wildcard, how would I go about transforming multiple parties into one?

Friday, May 16, 2008 7:49 PM
  • Hi,

I apologize for late reply. A party can have muliple alias but EDI engine only uses party name for party resolution.

Friday, May 16, 2008 9:43 PM