Best practice for sharing lots of videos ? RRS feed

• Question

• What would be the best practice (quickest load times) to share a lot of videos on a site ?

Would it be better to embed or download onto the server etc too ?

Thanks !

Thursday, October 20, 2016 10:42 AM

Answers

• Hi

using embed solution, it is the easiest, faster and lowest resource consuming solution for your farm

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

• Marked as answer by RudiM77 Thursday, October 20, 2016 12:12 PM
    Thursday, October 20, 2016 11:53 AM
  • Hi

this depends on users,  files size,  your farm topology...

To avoid these issues, and remain limited only by net connection is to use a link which will to open the video on user's PC directly from server where the video is located

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 12:06 PM

All replies

• Hi

using embed solution, it is the easiest, faster and lowest resource consuming solution for your farm

Thursday, October 20, 2016 11:53 AM
  • Thanks Romeo

Is there a limit that I should try to stick to , not to kill it , speed wise ?

Thursday, October 20, 2016 11:55 AM
  • Hi

this depends on users,  files size,  your farm topology...

To avoid these issues, and remain limited only by net connection is to use a link which will to open the video on user's PC directly from server where the video is located

Thursday, October 20, 2016 12:06 PM
  • Thanks !
    Thursday, October 20, 2016 12:12 PM
  • welcome

Thursday, October 20, 2016 12:24 PM