none
Any BizTalk 2009 - Active directory send adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Any Active directory send adapter for BizTalk 2009 ??

We have LDAP membership provider in Middle Tier which call ADAM to create user.  And we return that user id (GUID) to client as well as we update some other application internally.  Now we are changing our architecture by introducing BizTalk.  Reuirement in detail
    - create single user as per client request in real time, and provide user id back to client as well as other application internally.
    - Daily/weekly basis client provide batch file for to create/update user, It is not real time.

Should it work like this?
    (1) - Middle tier can call BizTalk to create new user through webservice receiver adapter.
         - Biztalk orchestration apply any business logic and send message to MessageBox
         - Custom AD Send adapter will get message from MessageBox and send it to Active Directory.
         - In return Active Directory provide GUID, it will be stored in MessageBox.
         - Using some sort of correlation, GUID will be return to client and whole message [user content + GUID] will be sent to other internal application.

Now is there any other mechanism that I should think about.

Where to get Custom AD send adapter?  It seems it is time consuming to create custom send adapter.

I have read http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/biztalkr2adapters/thread/5da3ec9c-bc75-4b29-ab53-3d6f852c5a86/ Which can help me for batch ingestion. If client provide me weekly basis batch file, biztalk will transfer it to some share location and then import in AD.

Thanks.
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 8:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Use a external c# assembly to interact with the active directory

Flow:
    - Middle tier call BizTalk to create new user through web service receiver adapter.
    - BizTalk orchestration applies any business logic and uses an external assembly to interact with the Active Directory. The orchestration returns the whole message [user content + GUID] to other internal application.

Check out this link on who to use the Active directory from C#

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/everythingInAD.aspx

Best regards

Rasmus Jaeger

Friday, December 18, 2009 1:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Use a external c# assembly to interact with the active directory

Flow:
    - Middle tier call BizTalk to create new user through web service receiver adapter.
    - BizTalk orchestration applies any business logic and uses an external assembly to interact with the Active Directory. The orchestration returns the whole message [user content + GUID] to other internal application.

Check out this link on who to use the Active directory from C#

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/everythingInAD.aspx

Best regards

Rasmus Jaeger

Friday, December 18, 2009 1:11 PM
  • Thanks Rasmus for reply.

I already have external assembly ready to call, which can talk to AD.  But as I am new in BTS world, I had no idea how good design is to call external assemble from orchestration itself.  I was more thinking ReceiveAdapter - MessageBox - Orchestration - MessageBox - SendAdapter kinda structure.  But if calling external assembly from Orchestration is popular then it will solve my issue as well as its easy and preferable against writing your own custom send adapter.

Friday, December 18, 2009 1:58 PM
  • Any other thoughts, anyone?  Please share your thoughts on this.
    Friday, December 18, 2009 7:04 PM
  • Calling external assemblies from orchestration is quite popular. And you do not need to worry about things like threading issue. BizTalk service will manage it for you.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 10:34 AM
  • There's an Active Directory Send adapter at www.activeadapter.com. I've been trialing the eval it for a project of mine and it is working well.

Cheers
    Monday, March 15, 2010 2:10 AM