Marketplace Extentions RRS feed

• Question

• After updating TFS 2015 Update 2 RC1, the Manage Extensions menus suggest that you can download an extension from the Marketplace to install on prem.  The only actionable button I see is the Install link, which doesn't offer the chance to install on prem as far as I can see.

Thank you!

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 11:34 AM

Answers

• Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting here.

Yes, I have try to install a extension on my TFS 2015 Update 2, and It seems that extensions from the Marketplace only support to be install on Visual Studio Team Service/VSO now. On-premises TFS doesn't support.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 5:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting here.

Yes, I have try to install a extension on my TFS 2015 Update 2, and It seems that extensions from the Marketplace only support to be install on Visual Studio Team Service/VSO now. On-premises TFS doesn't support.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 5:24 AM
  • You need to upload the downloaded extension file, for that you need to use the link {YourTFSURL}/_gallery/manage. After uploading you will be able to install the extension.

• Proposed as answer by MBilalKhan Thursday, November 10, 2016 6:47 PM
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 5:42 PM