VS 2012/C++: Display Property Page for Custom Task RRS feed

• Question

• I want to add my own property page to VCProjects that should enable the user to configure what custom task is doing. So far, I am not sure whether I have understood how to do that:

I am trying to create a .targets, .xml, and .props file like NVIDIA does it for their CUDA build customisation - actually, I use their files as template.

Using the CUDA files, I discovered that the property page is only visible if there is at least one file of their ContentType "CudaCompile" in the project. Is that the intended behaviour? Can I somehow enforce that my property page is always visible?

Furthermore, NVIDIA has a lot of stuff in their files - which I do not need. Therefore, my question is: what is the minimal skeleton that would allow me showing a property page?

Is it also possible to attach properties to the C/C++ project itself rather than to a file?

And last question: Is build customisation the only way to do this? I know that I can add option pages from a VSPackage, but have not yet found a way to do this for the project. I would actually rather prefer this, but have no clue whether it is possible and how one would do it.

Thanks in advance,
    Christoph

Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:09 AM

Answers