From ADF how to Uncompress Gzip file using Python scripts,not finding any properties in Sink side. RRS feed

• Question

• From ADF how to Uncompress Gzip file using Python scripts,not finding any properties in Sink side.
    I found the method for to change file types from uncompress to compress for Gzip,parque and other.

Thanks In advance  
    Monday, January 28, 2019 2:16 PM

All replies

• Azure Data Factory supports compress/decompress data during copy. When you specify compression property in an input dataset, the copy activity read the compressed data from the source and decompress it; and when you specify the property in an output dataset, the copy activity compress then write data to the sink.

I suggest you, write your logic in python and run as a custom activity in Data Factory. You may check this example for reference.

Also, check Create a data factory and pipeline using Python and see if it helps.

Thursday, January 31, 2019 1:41 PM
  • this is not your answer but please check the python within Azure Databrick (ADB), i had a team that was working on uzipping files within ADB.

give it a check

Sincerely Nik -- Please kindly mark the post(s) that answered your question and/or vote for the post(s). http://sqldataside.blogspot.ca/ (SQL Tabular + PowerShell)

Thursday, January 31, 2019 3:31 PM
  • Dear Ashok,

Please check my queries i mention clearly that in sink side the uncompressed properties are missing.Please suggest the needful.

Thanks,

Satyadeep 

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 12:44 PM