none
Autopopulating userform from list data RRS feed

• Question

• I receive a auto generated email template from a recruitment system I use. This gives me all the data I need in the form of a list in order to write a new contract. It always comes in the same format:

Full name - xxxx

salary - xxxx

manager -xxxxx

etc

I created a VBA userform to write the document based on the information I receive from this email, but this involves manually copying over the information from the email into various text boxes/combo lists etc. Instead of this manual input I would like the userform to be automatically populated from this email, is this something I can do or is another method better to create this letter more efficiently?

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 7:33 PM

All replies

• This is a variation on the extraction of data to Excel, which has been covered before, but the principles for extracting the data are the same - https://www.gmayor.com/extract_data_from_email.htm

Instead of writing to the cells of the worksheet, you can write the data to your userform fields as appropriate, or write it directly to content controls in your document without the need for a userform.

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 4:06 AM