none
WCF - TCP adapter client ! RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi

when we use WCF-TCP receive adapter , we can call it simply by building  WCF TCP client “this is good”

But can I call receive location using normal TCP client! I mean, can I make old TCP application send Data to WCF TCP service, without doing any updates on their system!

And can I send TCP data to old TCP listener service , using WCF-TCP send port !

Regards

Sunday, August 24, 2008 3:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I guess it would be possible, but you may have to use a custom WCF binding.

One thing you will have to think about is how the old TCP application formats it's messages. If you are using WCF, you will probably be using the WCF binary serializer, meaning BizTalk and WCF share the same ways of serializing messages, and can understand each other.

The old TCP system will not understand the format of the messages sent with binary serialization, so you will have to write code to translate those messages into someting BizTalk can understand. You can either do this in WCF, or in BizTalk using a custom pipeline component. Either way, it will take some work.

With the WCF custom adapter you can choose to use a custom WCF binding, and choose to use TCP as the communication channel.

Regards,

Alan

Monday, August 25, 2008 8:53 AM