none
WebServices Fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, 

I have  a WCF WebService that is running fine in the prduction. 

I migrated it to my local machine for tests, by zipping the entire folder, and installing it in my local IIS.

The service is running fine, when I navigate to the service page: http://localhost:8085/MyService/help  I get a list of available GET / POST methods. Using one of these methods on the productio server returns a building address as expected

Using the same method / operation locally - return a Request Error:

The server encountered an error processing the request. Please see the service help page for constructing valid requests to the service. The exception message is 'The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.ExceptionPolicy' threw an exception.'. See server logs for more details. The exception stack trace is:

Server stack trace: at System.Threading.Thread.InternalCrossContextCallback(Context ctx, IntPtr ctxID, Int32 appDomainID, InternalCrossContextDelegate ftnToCall, Object[] args) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CrossContextChannel.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage reqMsg) Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at MobileForms.Business.LookupDataManager.SearchBuildings(String searchString) at SyncInvokeSearchBuildings(Object , Object[] , Object[] ) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

What else needs to be done please ?

God bless you all :)

• Moved by Sabah ShariqMVP Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:49 PM Moved From Visual C#
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:18 PM

All replies

• I suggest that you talk to your people at work about this.
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:54 PM
  • There is no "my people" all the contractors left long time ago. 

Any suggestions where to start ?

God bless you all :)

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 4:01 PM
  • Hi bts,

Do you have the source code of the web service? I think you could try to debug the web service.

To check whether it is related with this specific method, I suggest you try other simple methods to check whether you will hit this error again.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 31, 2017 2:23 AM