none
Teamchallenge: Feedback RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi guys!

Ideas and problems to the challenge are:

-It's difficult to find a leader and without anyone to coordinate the team you haven't any chance.

-I suggest using subs for the graphics part to later teams. Somebody has to program subs for each effect and the others can use them in             there code.

-The variables and subs and there meaning should be written  first in the code, because it's easier then to understand the code.

During the challenge I had the Idea of creating an endless challenge.

You can get nearly every teamchallenge alone too (in this case Mathsman and Zock nearly did it), so I thaught there have to be a challenge nobody can get alone => an endless challenge. I thaught we could code a roleplay and make it better and better. We could enter a quest editor and a shape menu with houses and trees so that everyone even can create a new map. But there have to be a lots of persons because it's so complicated. Not everyone have to code all the time but everyone should do what he can.

What do you think?

• Edited by Flostian Friday, December 14, 2012 12:59 PM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:20 PM

All replies

• I'm sorry I left you out. :( I didn't know that I was the leader until The very end when you told me.

A spark to start a fire is necessary. But mainly you need dry kindling.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 5:19 PM
    Answerer
  • But yeah! that's an amazing idea!!

Thursday, December 13, 2012 5:20 PM
    Answerer
  • Yeah I like the idea too. But I would say, that we do not make a challenge with it. It would be very hard to get enough people for 2 or more teams. It was hard to get 6 persons for the teamchallenge. But I think, here we would need min. 6 people per team. And they must work togehter.

I would like if we do this as a kind of "Open Game Project".

Did I hear right? You are German? :)  (Ich bin auch Deutsch.)

Greetings Timo

Friday, December 14, 2012 1:09 PM
  • Wow! now you guys can converse easily :) (Flostian is German)

Friday, December 14, 2012 3:57 PM
    Answerer
  • Nice! So it would be ideal if we are in one team in future.

The idea of a roleplay game remember me on this program (RPG Maker VX Ace).

Greetings Timo

Friday, December 14, 2012 4:07 PM
  • I meaned with endless challenge an "Open Game Project".
    Saturday, December 15, 2012 12:46 PM
  • I am  also very interested in making games.  If there will be such an open project I will be very glad to join you guys. If you needed me email me at: b.azizi@rocketmail.com      or reply me here.

I am not a professional programmer but I  have made several games with smallbasic that I can send them to you upon request so you can see if my knowledge suffices.

Sunday, December 16, 2012 10:54 AM