Weather app shows name of city wrong

Question

• I live in Karachi, Pakistan and in the weather app it shows the name wrong name of my city. Can you please fix it? Thanks! 
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 4:04 PM

Answers

• I was able to set the city for Karachi, PAK.
    Remove all of the information in the weather app for the wrong city. Close out of the app.
    Open the Weather app again. Click on Add City. Enter in the first three letters of your city. It gave a list of cities that matched.
    I choose Karachi, PAK and was then able to successfully add the right city.

Let us know if this help.

Marilyn
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:04 AM

All replies

• Right click - from the bottom menu - select "Current City" - if that doesn't work, from the same bottom menu select Add city and add Karachi!
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 4:24 PM
  • There doesn't seem to be a way to set your location in the Weather app.  The only setting I see is for Fahrenheit/Celsius.
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 6:04 PM
  • I do pick Karachi but it selects some other city and shows the weather for that. Even though the search shows Karachi but the city it picks is something different. 
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 10:36 PM
  • I was able to set the city for Karachi, PAK.
    Remove all of the information in the weather app for the wrong city. Close out of the app.
    Open the Weather app again. Click on Add City. Enter in the first three letters of your city. It gave a list of cities that matched.
    I choose Karachi, PAK and was then able to successfully add the right city.

Let us know if this help.

Marilyn
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:04 AM
  • I have that problema too, I test your solution but I can't to resolve.  I'm living in Chihuahua Chih.
    ITIC Luis Carlos Lugo
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 5:40 PM
  • I think it's a database bug. I used my zip code, the picker showed my correct city, but it adds a city that's 30 miles away that does NOT use that zip code.
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 5:01 PM
  • Hello Marilyn I have that problem too,  but I living in Chihuahua Chih, MEX. When I set the current city it set and other close to my city.
    Do you have any Idea?
    ITIC Luis Carlos Lugo
    Monday, September 26, 2011 2:04 PM