none
How to include folders within the /bin when deploy a windows application? RRS feed

• Question

• I am new in Visual Studio, have a very simple question.

I have set up my output folder to /bin, so there are several sub folders under /bin, such as /bin/images.

Then i created a deployment project by using the Setup Wizard. But somehow those sub folders are not included within the application folder.

How can i fix this problem?
    Monday, February 25, 2008 5:49 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If this all images are included into your application as resources then you need only to add to your deployment project output assemblies from your project. This images will be placed into the output assembly. If you just use this images in your application then you need to add all this images like other files to you deployment project. Also using Setup Wizard or Setup Project you can put all this images into some destination folder which you want, this you can do using File System Editor.

If you will have some more questions, please ask.
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 7:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To answer on your question I need more information. In Setup Wizard and in Setup Project you can't add whole folders with sub folders to deployment project but only files or assemblies or msm-files. You can also add 'project output', that means that all output assemblies of the project will be added to you deployment project but this deployment project should be a part of solution in which is placed your output project.

Please give me more detailed information about what do you want to do.
    Monday, February 25, 2008 7:32 AM
  • Thanks for your replay.

Sorry for the confusion.

There is a folder called images where I store all the images for my application.

When I create the deployment project, should this folder be automatically included in the application folder?

If not, how should I include this folder in the application folder?

Monday, February 25, 2008 4:19 PM
  • Hi,

If this all images are included into your application as resources then you need only to add to your deployment project output assemblies from your project. This images will be placed into the output assembly. If you just use this images in your application then you need to add all this images like other files to you deployment project. Also using Setup Wizard or Setup Project you can put all this images into some destination folder which you want, this you can do using File System Editor.

If you will have some more questions, please ask.
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 7:57 AM