none
Microsoft Word 2010 Home and Business edition using language translation feature problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm trying to translate a peice of text from english to Spanish.

In Word 2010 I select the Review tab, then press the Translate button and select Translate Document which brings up the Translation Language Options box.

Now when I try to select a different language from the drop down selection box under Choose Mini Translator language , there is only English available in the list , I cannot see any other languages.

Under the Choose document translation languages translate from: and to: it just says No Services Available

How can I make this work, do I need to install the service?  Or does this mean it is not available to this version of Office Im using?

Thanks for you help with this.

Chris

• Edited by Coopec Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:22 PM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:22 PM

Answers

• Hi Chris

The MSDN forums are for answering programmers' questions about writing code with MS software. Your question is at the end-user level, and would be better asked on the Answers site

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word

The people who help on that forum have more expertise with these kinds of things - a different skill set than programmers have :-)

Unfortunately, we can't move messages from MSDN to Answers, so you'll need to re-post.

FWIW the language tools can only work with languages that have been installed and activated. Usually, two or three are available with Office - others need to be purchased. Which ones depend on the language version of Office you have (French and Spanish for the US English edition, for example). They can usually be installed from the "Programs" section of the Control Panel by using "Change installation" (or whatever the label is for the version of Windows you're using).

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Coopec Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:39 PM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris

The MSDN forums are for answering programmers' questions about writing code with MS software. Your question is at the end-user level, and would be better asked on the Answers site

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word

The people who help on that forum have more expertise with these kinds of things - a different skill set than programmers have :-)

Unfortunately, we can't move messages from MSDN to Answers, so you'll need to re-post.

FWIW the language tools can only work with languages that have been installed and activated. Usually, two or three are available with Office - others need to be purchased. Which ones depend on the language version of Office you have (French and Spanish for the US English edition, for example). They can usually be installed from the "Programs" section of the Control Panel by using "Change installation" (or whatever the label is for the version of Windows you're using).

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Coopec Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:39 PM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:27 PM
  • Thanks for your advice Cindy 

Chris

Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:42 PM