Why coded ui test starts from where it got failed earlier even though if I have selected diffrent tests to execute? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a scenario here and I need a solution...

Coded UI test scenario:

13 tests to execute.

I selected the first 5 and clicked run test. The execution fails at 3. Since 3 was not so much important for me, so I continued by selecting 4 and 5. But when I run these it starts with 3.

Is there any option or setting that I'm missing?

Please guide me.

Monday, December 8, 2014 9:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Prachur.

What version of Visual Studio are you working with? How did you run tests? From VS IDE or command line?

Based on my understanding, the third coded UI test method failed, and then you selected test 4, test 5 to run but test 3 still started to run. How did you select tests to run? I doubt whether test 3 finished completely or not.  If you are using VS2012 or VS2013 IDE, please select expected tests through right clicking it and selecting ‘Run selected tests’ in Test Explorer after test 3 finishes completely.

If test 4 and test 5 are not related to test 3, please restart your VS, build the test projects, only run test 4 and test 5 separately to check whether test 3 still run. I doubt whether there is anything wrong with your VS.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 2:59 AM
  • Hi Prachur,

Any update for your issue? Whether my suggestion helped you?

If you have any concern, please feel free to come back.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, December 11, 2014 3:07 AM
  • Hi Prachur,

If I have misunderstood you or you resolve this issue, please feel free to come back.

Best regards,

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 7:10 AM