problem with russian language. RRS feed

  • Question

  • User1515160841 posted


    i develop a site that has 3 language. one of them is Russian. but i have character problems. i take datas from sql server. i don't have any problem with database datas. but some datas are static on pages. When i try to show this static datas in russian, characters are shown as ????. How can i solve this problem.

    i tried some changes on web.config. but i couldn't.


    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:53 AM


  • User2130758966 posted

    I thought when this happened it meant that the font/language was not installed in the users browser.


    There is a lang="ru" attribute that you can apply to <html> <div> or <span>.


    I developed some pages with russian text for the first time last week and I did not do anything special, it just worked first time for me. Try looking at this page and see if it is visible for you:

    In fact I did have one problem - the filenames wouldn't upload to my server when I had the cyrillic (russion) characters in the filename so thats why the file is called russian-looking-for-a-job.aspx above.

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:20 AM