Exchange 2003 recipent policy RRS feed

• Question

•  

Dear Microsoft Partner Support,

The current up is Windows 2003 R2 32 bit with Exchange 2003 SP2 Enterprise and mostly Windows 7 clients running Office 2007 Professional.  This policy has been in effect for over a year may be over two years, I just don’t remember.

On the server I have a Recipient Policy, “user mailbox management” policy to “delete immediately”

Inbox:   60 days

Sent Items:         60days

Deleted Items:  30 days

System Clean up:             15 days

All Other Mail Folders:   60 days

The problem my client is experiencing and this has been going on for a while is the .ost file gets way out of sync with the Exchange server.  The .ost file on the workstation is always much larger and causes the Outlook client to hang, run slow, even white out at times.  My work-a-round has been to delete the .ost file on the workstation.  Restarting the Outlook client allows a new sync and it works fine for a month or so before I receive another complaint.  Also this company has the user’s shutdown the workstations at the end of business each day.  The computer workstations at this office are on between 8am and 5pm 5 days a week.

Is this a known issue or have I missed something in the configuration?

Alex Samol

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 5:00 PM

Answers

• Please is if this is in the wrong forum can someone provide a link to the correct one...

Alex

Alex Samol

• Marked as answer by Alex Samol Thursday, February 9, 2012 10:24 PM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 8:36 PM