Date & Time RRS feed

• Question

• User-797751191 posted

Hi

I have below code . In Session variable i want to display only Date

Session["PostingDate"] = Convert.ToDateTime(PostingDate.ToString("yyyy-MM-dd"));

Thanks

Monday, June 24, 2019 7:42 AM

Answers

• User665608656 posted

Hi jsshivalik,

According to your code, I am not sure what is the txtPostingDate.Text format?

If you just want to convert the content of txtPostingDate.Text to a date format and save it in session,you could write like this:

Session["PostingDate"] = Convert.ToDateTime(txtPostingDate.SelectedDate.ToString("yyyy-MM-dd")).ToShortDateString();

If not, please tell us what is the txtPostingDate.Text specific value?

Best Regards,

YongQing.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 24, 2019 10:09 AM

All replies

• User665608656 posted

Hi jsshivalik,

According to your description,I suggest you to use ToShortDateString() method belong to DateTime type.

You could refer to this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.datetime.toshortdatestring?view=netframework-4.8

You can adapt your code like this:

Session["PostingDate"] = PostingDate.ToShortDateString();

Best Regards,

YongQing.

Monday, June 24, 2019 8:40 AM
  • User-797751191 posted

Hi Yu

I have exactly this code 

var PostingDate = DateTime.ParseExact(txtPostingDate.Text, "dd-MM-yyyy", CultureInfo.InvariantCulture);

Session["PostingDate"] = Convert.ToDateTime(PostingDate.ToString("yyyy-MM-dd"));

Thanks

Monday, June 24, 2019 9:43 AM
  • User665608656 posted

Hi jsshivalik,

According to your code, I am not sure what is the txtPostingDate.Text format?

If you just want to convert the content of txtPostingDate.Text to a date format and save it in session,you could write like this:

Session["PostingDate"] = Convert.ToDateTime(txtPostingDate.SelectedDate.ToString("yyyy-MM-dd")).ToShortDateString();

If not, please tell us what is the txtPostingDate.Text specific value?

Best Regards,

YongQing.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, June 24, 2019 10:09 AM
  • User-797751191 posted

Hi

What is SelectedDate

Thanks

Monday, June 24, 2019 10:47 AM
  • User665608656 posted

Hi jsshivalik,

Sorry,I forgot to tell you about it.

Because I don't know what your txtPostingDate.Text stands for, I created a calendar control and set the ID to txtPostingDate.

So here txtPostingDate.SelectedDate.ToString ("yyyy-MM-dd") is a dateTime string the user selected on the calendar.

Ok,I simulated a date-type string and operated in your way:

var PostingDate = DateTime.ParseExact("2019-06-25 10:58:52", "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss",
                                           CultureInfo.InvariantCulture);
     Session["PostingDate"] = Convert.ToDateTime(PostingDate.ToString("yyyy-MM-dd")).ToShortDateString();

You could refer to this link: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/919244/converting-a-string-to-datetime

Best Regards,

YongQing.

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 2:59 AM