none
usb flash drive / Windows RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello, I had a problem today which is as follows: HP evo intel 1Gb with 1gb memory running WinXP sp2. When I plug in the 1Gb Lexar  flash drive  Plug and play recognizes it and the window comes up asking me which option to take ie: open folder for viewing etc... and then  two to five seconds later it disconnects.  I can't get it to stay connected. I have brought the flash drive to another same build  Cpu and plug it in and it functions properly.  I have plugged a usb dvd drive that I have into the same usb port and it works fine. It dosen't matter which usb port I plug it into this flash drive  keeps disconnecting on this box. Please help
    Friday, October 26, 2007 2:49 AM

All replies

• This Forum is for XP Embedded. You might want to post to XP General. You might want to check updates from HP to see if there is an update to the USB driver.

-Sean

Friday, October 26, 2007 6:18 AM
  • Hi bassdozer,

Have you tried your flash drive in another computer? I had a problem like that, and it seems that the drive didn't 'get' enough power from my PC, because in another one it worked perfect. I have a SanDisk 2GB (2.48MB) Cruzer Crossfire Blue, bought in here:

http://www.compuplus.com/ps-products-comboid-417~.html
    Monday, November 19, 2007 3:54 PM