SharePoint 2013 Workflow manager installation RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install SharePoint 2013 workflow manager by following this article. When I am running workflow configuration wizard I get below error. I have deleted old workflow DB's and trying to create everything new . 

I have checked with the networking team and no ports are blocked on this server and there should not be any communication issues between SharePoint APP server (in our case this is also WFE) and DB server. 

Environment 

Sharepoint 2013 - APPP and WFE on one server

SQL Server 2012

Any ideas please. 

@R

Thursday, January 24, 2019 5:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can use "log to history" to debug the workflow and "pause for a duration" before the "send mail" action to see if the email action is triggered.

Make sure you are not starting the workflow as a SharePoint System Account. In other words, the current user is not a system account. If you are using System Account, the workflow will not function properly or won’t start automatically.

Best regards,

Linda

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, January 28, 2019 1:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I recently came across this issue :) ..

Please have a look at this blog ..

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ea9ac6f9-1a09-4c69-bb37-ed0e8219141a/port-number-9355-specified-for-https-port-is-blocked?forum=sharepointadmin

Please configured on different ports other than 9355. you need to modify 2 files called "ClusterManifest.1.0.xml" and "ClusterManifest.current.xml" in c:\Program Files\Windows Fabric\Bin. They were pointing to older FQDN under following node:

<NodeList>
            <Node NodeName="yourserverfqdn" IPAddressOrFQDN="yourserverfqdn" IsSeedNode="true" NodeTypeRef="DefaultNodeType" />
          </NodeList>

These files won't let you edit directly in notepad so you will need to make a copy of these files (just in case). Open up the notepad as "Run As Administrator". Drag these files to the notepad. After you are done editing, save these as original names but make sure that the extension is .xml

Finally do the IISReset. 

Hope this helps!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't forget to “mark the replies as answers” if they helped, also set "like" it’s a boost for us to keep blogging J

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated Community forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Kaizala.

Thursday, January 24, 2019 11:21 PM
  • Hi,

Please try to stop the following services, and then re-start the configuration, check if it works:

• Service Bus Gateway
    • Service Bus Message Broker
    • Windows Fabric Host Service

Here are some articles with the similar issue for your reference:

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/66942/workflow-manager-configuration-wizard-blocked-ports

http://www.yunusemrearac.com/2016/05/20/sharepoint-workflow-manager-configuration-wizard-port-hatasi/

Best regards,

Linda

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, January 25, 2019 6:50 AM
  • I was able to install using different ports. i am not sure why I need change the Node name as it is pointing to the right server name  in my case. 

I also registered the work flow manager with the wepp app. I am able to create 2013 workflows and it shows up under the list but it is not doing anything. It is a simple workflow to send emails when an item is created. 

I am not sure why the workflow is not running . I do not see any errors in ULS logs or even viewer. by the way I already selected for it run when a item is created/modified/ manual. 

Is there a way to see if the workflow is even triggered when an item is created ? 

@R

Saturday, January 26, 2019 3:00 AM
  • Hello Linda, 

I was able to resolve the issue by choosing different ports but now workflow is not running. Please see my message above. 

Any thoughts please. 

@R

Saturday, January 26, 2019 3:03 AM
  • Hi,

You can use "log to history" to debug the workflow and "pause for a duration" before the "send mail" action to see if the email action is triggered.

Make sure you are not starting the workflow as a SharePoint System Account. In other words, the current user is not a system account. If you are using System Account, the workflow will not function properly or won’t start automatically.

Best regards,

Linda

Monday, January 28, 2019 1:36 AM