none
how would you do that : Vehicle reservation form RRS feed

• Question

• i have a form for an event where the user can put in the cars used , and how long.

it is a continuous form.

i want , when the user chooses a car , something on the form immediately where he can see where that car is reserved before.

should you do that in the form header or footer ?

or can there be displayed a kind of pop up window tot show details for that car ?

Monday, May 2, 2016 8:29 AM

Answers

• any of the ideas you put forward can work; there can be a sub form in the header or footer, or you could use a separate form in pop up mode

whether sub form or pop up - this form object will have its record source which will be a query with the criteria of the current record in the continuous form.  One cannot call a single value of a continuous form - and so put an unbound text box in header or footer - and when the user triggers an event in the current record you write the current record's car ID into the unbound text box.  You can then use that text box as the criteria for your record source query.

• Marked as answer by tekoko10 Monday, May 2, 2016 1:23 PM
    Monday, May 2, 2016 1:14 PM
  • You could add an unbound combo box to the header section of your form, for the user to search for cars.  VBA in the AfterUpdate event of that combo could be written to filter the continuous form records to just that car.  Something like this:

Me.Filter = "Car = '" & me .SearchCarCiombo & "'"

Me.FilterOn = True

' And vba for a button to clear the filter:
    Me.Filter = ""
    Me.FilterOn = False

Miriam Bizup Access MVP

• Marked as answer by tekoko10 Monday, May 2, 2016 1:24 PM
    Monday, May 2, 2016 1:22 PM

All replies

• any of the ideas you put forward can work; there can be a sub form in the header or footer, or you could use a separate form in pop up mode

whether sub form or pop up - this form object will have its record source which will be a query with the criteria of the current record in the continuous form.  One cannot call a single value of a continuous form - and so put an unbound text box in header or footer - and when the user triggers an event in the current record you write the current record's car ID into the unbound text box.  You can then use that text box as the criteria for your record source query.

• Marked as answer by tekoko10 Monday, May 2, 2016 1:23 PM
    Monday, May 2, 2016 1:14 PM
  • You could add an unbound combo box to the header section of your form, for the user to search for cars.  VBA in the AfterUpdate event of that combo could be written to filter the continuous form records to just that car.  Something like this:

Me.Filter = "Car = '" & me .SearchCarCiombo & "'"

Me.FilterOn = True

' And vba for a button to clear the filter:
    Me.Filter = ""
    Me.FilterOn = False

Miriam Bizup Access MVP

• Marked as answer by tekoko10 Monday, May 2, 2016 1:24 PM
    Monday, May 2, 2016 1:22 PM