none
Fslogix and Roaming profiles paths RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have deployed the fslogix agent into a new Citrix Virtual Application environment on 2016 RDS.

my problem arises about existing roaming profiles. if a user has no roaming profile set, they login cleanly create their .vhdx everything is great. if the user has a "desktop" profile path set the vhdx is created but the existing profile content merges. if I set the rds profile the users gets a VHDX but also a .v6 profile. how do I force the RDS services just to create with a VHDx with no additional .v6 being created.

any help is appreciated.

regards

Stuart

Friday, November 8, 2019 10:58 AM

All replies

• Generally, you wouldn't set the RDS profile up at all.  The point of FSLogix is that it enables straightforward 'local profiles' to act like roaming profiles.

Is there a particular reason you are trying to set RDS profiles up?   You can always block the existing ones by using a loopback GPO to disable roaming profiles when logging into the new XenApps, and just let FSLogix handle it going forwards.

Friday, November 8, 2019 3:27 PM
  • I do have exactly the same problem with my Citrix Virtual Apps environment. We are facing this migration problem not only with RDS profiles, but also with local roaming profiles from the client devices. 

If the user account has set local profiles and RDS profiles, the terminal server profile gets merged into the newly created fslogix container. The only way to avoid the merge is to delete profile settings in the user AD account. That's not a solution in my case. I can deactivate the RDS profile settings, but not the local profile settings.

I am looking for an easy way to turn off profile migration at all. Any ideas how to accomplish this task?

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:41 AM