Sharepoint 2013 workflow Start a task process assign a task to multiple users random order RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Please help me for this below issue. I am developing the custom Document approval workflow for multiple approvers from custom infopath form. While using the Start a task process with the current list of approvers will assign the task to users in random order. But I want to send it as the order which i was gave in the infopath form.

The same feature working fine in Sharepoint 2010 workflow. As in 2010 workflow it assign a tasks to multiple approvers based on the list given in the infopath form. Please advise me. 

Manikandan

Thursday, October 6, 2016 1:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Manikandan,

You could check if “Serial(one at a time)” or “Parallel(all at once)” is used when assigning tasks in workflow 2013.
    There is a workaround.

You could call workflow 2010 in the workflow 2013 platform by adding the “Start a list workflow” action in the workflow.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Manikandan,

Did you use “Serial(one at a time)” or “Parallel(all at once)” when assigning tasks?

If “Serial(one at a time)” is selected when assigning task, the order of assigning task is random regardless of using “'Workflow lookup for a User” or one by one.

If “Parallel(all at once)” is selected when assigning task, the order of assigning task is right regardless of using “'Workflow lookup for a User” or one by one.

So you could use “Parallel(all at once)” is selected when assigning task.

And you also could consider using workflow 2010 platform in SharePoint 2013. Workflow 2010 also can work in SharePoint 2013.

There is a similar post:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/09579c83-3926-4242-884c-4d582ee0fa0d/start-a-task-process-assigns-tasks-in-the-reverse-order?forum=sharepointcustomization

More reference:

Understanding Task Actions in SharePoint Designer 2013.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj614606.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by croute1 Friday, October 7, 2016 5:53 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Manikandan J Thursday, October 13, 2016 5:40 AM
    Friday, October 7, 2016 11:06 AM
  • Hi Sara,

Thank you for your Reply. But it was working fine in Sharepoint 2010 workflow. I want to send the approval one by one with the order i gave input in form. is there any possible way ? please help me. This is the bug from Microsoft. 

Regards,

Manikandan.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 5:43 AM
  • Hi Manikandan,

You could check if “Serial(one at a time)” or “Parallel(all at once)” is used when assigning tasks in workflow 2013.
    There is a workaround.

You could call workflow 2010 in the workflow 2013 platform by adding the “Start a list workflow” action in the workflow.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:25 AM