Connection was reset error while fetching large data from server RRS feed

• Question

• User-2105457460 posted

I have some code that pulls data from SQL DB, then loops through the records to generate a list<list<string>>, which will be written to a excel file.

The code runs fine on my local, from VS, but on the live server, I get "Connection was reset" error in chrome. 

Initially it worked fine for some 300- 500 recrds. But when i try to fetch a month or week data( means try to fetch more number of records - say some 2000 records and above), I get this error.

Plz provide some suggestions. I tried including "<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="2000000000" executionTimeout="999999999" />"

and also

<security>
    <requestFiltering>
    <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="2000000000"/>
    </requestFiltering>
    </security>

in web.config

But in vain.

Monday, May 28, 2018 5:04 AM

All replies

• User-330142929 posted

HI Avarka,

The code runs fine on my local, from VS, but on the live server, I get "Connection was reset" error in chrome. 

According to your description, I don’t know exactly where the problem is.  So I suggest you could get more error details via F12 WebDeveloper tool. 

Based on your some attempts, I suggest you could check your IIS web server settings. Because the code runs fine on your local. So I suggest you could set the connection timeout and in IIS

For IIS7.x

Site-Advanced Settings-Behavior-Connection limits

General speaking, some cloud env will restrict the configurations even if you set the web.config. So I suggest you could post information about the live server you are using. 

Any feedback would be appreciate.

Best Regards,

Abraham

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 7:24 AM