Parametrize labels and tooltips RRS feed

• Question

• User447014940 posted

Hi,

I need to implement a web app in angular or angular.js with data served from an asp.net web api.

The pages labels and tooltips and messages should be able to be parametrized by non developers

What is the best way to support those strings parametrization? Database, file,...? 

Note 1: No need to be multilingual. I think it will be more easy for non devs folks to use those parametrizations in DB (maybe in the future they request a backoffice UI for those parametrizations) and I offer that data to browser using the web api

Note 2: The application will be deployed to an Azure Web App.

I Appreciate you recommendations. I'm just starting my angular leanings

Tks,

JD

Thursday, March 1, 2018 11:44 AM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi JuniDev,

It seems that you’d like to make requests to your webapi to fetch data in your angular js code, you can achieve it by using http service. For strings parametrization and storing parameters data, if the data is not too much, you can store them in file (such as json file), if you need to store large data for dynamically specifying values for labels, tooltips and messages, you can save data in database.

Besides, Azure web app provides a hosting environment on cloud and enable us to host multi types of application, you can build your project with webform, mvc or pure html, and all of these kind of application are supported to host on Azure web app.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Friday, March 2, 2018 9:01 AM