Subscription is out of sync, please contact administrator RRS feed

• Question

• I've followed the tutorial up to this page for the tenants to choose a offer.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/azure-stack-subscribe-plan-provision-vm/

However Browse, and then click Subscriptions, it keep saying "Subscription is out of sync, please contact administrator".

If I sign back in as administrator, click on my offer, and the "Default Provider Subscription" says:

Quota Sync State

In Sync

I've waited up to an hour but tenant page keep saying out of sync.

What am I missing?

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 7:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Mosolee,

Could you try the following just to help ensure that the browser data is refreshed:
    1. Sign out of the Azure Stack Portal, and then close ALL browser instances on the machine.
    Note: InPrivate / clearing the cache won't necessarily help.
    2. Open a new browser, and then navigate to https://portal.azurestack.local
    3. Re-authenticate with the tenant.
    4. Click Browse and then click Subscriptions and check if the error still appears.

We are looking into this behavior further internally and will aim to provide you with further troubleshooting soon, so stay tuned for updates..

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 10:32 PM
  • Hi Mosolee,

Can you login to PortalVM and open event viewer. Navigate to "Application and Services Logs" -> "Microsoft" -> "AzureStack" -> "Subscriptions". There should some error showing why subscription provisioning or update is failing. (Inserting picture for reference as well) 

Thanks.
    Manish

Manish Tandon

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 11:50 PM
  • Hey, I am also getting this error from both a service admin view, and tenant view.

Went to the logs referred to above, this is the error message for even ID 22 and task category (65512):

Error message: subscriptionId='', correlationId='', principalOid='', principalPuid='', tenantId='', operationName='ProviderRegistrationUpdater.GetRegistrationManifestContentAsync', message='Unable to retrieve manifest for resource provider namespace 'Microsoft.Compute' at endpoint 'https://local.compute.azurestack.local:14005/providerManifest'.', exception='System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
       at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ResourceStack.Common.EventSources.CommonEventSourceExtensions.<TraceHttpOutgoingRequest>d__6.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Microsoft.WindowsAzurePack.Subscriptions.Common.Engines.OutboundRequestEngine.<SendAsync>d__b.MoveNext()
       at Microsoft.WindowsAzurePack.Subscriptions.Common.Engines.OutboundRequestEngine.<SendAsync>d__4.MoveNext()
       at Microsoft.WindowsAzurePack.Subscriptions.Web.ProviderRegistrationUpdater.<GetRegistrationManifestContentAsync>d__25.MoveNext()'.

EDIT:

I can still provision Storage Accounts.

Saturday, February 6, 2016 2:45 AM
  • Turns out you simply have to start stopped services on xRPVM. All the Resource Provider Services had stopped.
    Saturday, February 6, 2016 3:51 AM
  • Hi Marvin,

Are these the Resource Provider Services? They are now running but I still have the same problem. Please let me know what I'm missing something. Thanks

AvailabilitySetController
    BlobManager
    ClusterManager
    ComputeController
    DiagnosabilityManager
    ExtensionManager
    GuestArtifactRepository
    IsoManager
    ManifestProvider
    MetadataServer
    NetworkManager
    PlacementManager
    PlatformImageRepository
    CRP
    TopologyManager

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 1:31 PM
  • Hi,

I restart xRPVM server and wait for few minutes, all resume as normal, maybe you can get a try.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 5:51 AM