Excel data not getting refreshed RRS feed

• Question

• We have a requirement to make excel reports which consumes data from an external MS SQL database (MS SQL 2008) and display them in a SharePoint 2013 site configured with reporting and excel services. The SharePoint 2013 server and the SQL server are hosted on different machines on the same domain.

So I have connected to an external data source through excel 2013.

I have entered the IP address and the login credentials of the MS SQL server.

Selected all the necessary data and created my report !

The slicer performs totally fine and the data gets refreshed when needed (after hitting ‘refresh all’ under data tab).

So the next step is to display this report in SharePoint. But before that, I have made a ‘Secure Store Service Application ID’ in central administration which has the credentials to access the external SQL database (SQL server is on another machine).

The following link has been used for creation of the SSS ID.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/hh525341.aspx

And, the excel services authentication setting in excel have been configured to use a stored account as shown below

Now, I have uploaded this excel report to the SharePoint document library.

When I click on it opens fine. 

But , when I click refresh using ‘refresh all’ under data tab, It throws an error. But it works well when I open in excel.

Please help me to resolve this issues. Thanks.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 2:02 PM

Answers

All replies