none
How to Enable people picker field one by one after enter the previous one in sequncial order using jquery sharepoint 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• In my aspx page I have  custom code with jquery and rest calls.

And also I have 10 People picker controls for approver names.

My requirement is  

Approver names should be filled in a sequence. Once the approver name is being filled without  previous approver name filled, a validation message that shows the error should be displayed as Please fill before Approved fields..

Let me know the logic that suitable for all conditions in single way for validation.Please help.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 3:24 PM

All replies

• For the people picker field, there will be two functions in javascript, one to create HTML control, one for making sure the name resolved.

You can write JS code to make sure the first people picker control text box has proper value in it, then you enable the next people picker control.

Thanks, Ashish | Please mark a post helpful/answer if it is helpful or answer your query.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 1:05 AM
  • Please elaborate the above solution.This is not in an understandable way.
    Wednesday, January 25, 2017 9:51 AM
  • Do you have your code where you have multiple user controls? I hope your code includes the function to read the values from control.

If you can share your code, I can guide you.

Thanks, Ashish | Please mark a post helpful/answer if it is helpful or answer your query.

Thursday, January 26, 2017 1:56 AM