mini usb port RRS feed

• Question

• i'm trying to enable de mini usb port from my mobile device to send data (gps, acelorometer, camera, and battery status), but i dont know how to do it. Someone can help me. I'm using visual studio 2008 and windows mobile 6 sdk refresh.
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 6:02 PM

Answers

• Generally You won't be able to do it a straight forward way.

I suggest getting COM index of 'Serial Cable on USB' (usually COM8 or COM1 but it's NOT a rule) and connecting to it by CreateFile and WriteFile / ReadFile (doesn't require connected Acive Sync),

OR

In C# You can use TCPClient to connect to 'PPP_PEER' (Serial Active Sync connection) or 'DTPT_PEER' (RNDIS Active Sync connection) on port 5656 and create a TCPListener on PC side which will receive necessary signals,

OR

You can use RAPI (Remote API) - but it also requires AS.

Method 2 and 3 are working for sure. No 1 is on 89% possible to achieve, but I haven't tried it yet.
    Don't ask me about source, because I can't give this part to You. But at least now You know what to search for and noone will be able to tell You that's not possible :).

If You'll find my answer satisfactory or helpful - mark it as answered or vote for it! Thank You.
    "If You think You know better then me, why is Your code not working, then don't waste my time at this forum. Otherwise - do as I'm suggesting."
    • Marked as answer by ZHE ZHAO Thursday, September 24, 2009 3:04 AM
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:09 PM
  • Only the first one.
    If You'll find my answer satisfactory or helpful - mark it as answered or vote for it! Thank You.
    "If You think You know better then me, why is Your code not working, then don't waste my time at this forum. Otherwise - do as I'm suggesting."
    Friday, September 18, 2009 6:09 AM

All replies

• Generally You won't be able to do it a straight forward way.

I suggest getting COM index of 'Serial Cable on USB' (usually COM8 or COM1 but it's NOT a rule) and connecting to it by CreateFile and WriteFile / ReadFile (doesn't require connected Acive Sync),

OR

In C# You can use TCPClient to connect to 'PPP_PEER' (Serial Active Sync connection) or 'DTPT_PEER' (RNDIS Active Sync connection) on port 5656 and create a TCPListener on PC side which will receive necessary signals,

OR

You can use RAPI (Remote API) - but it also requires AS.

Method 2 and 3 are working for sure. No 1 is on 89% possible to achieve, but I haven't tried it yet.
    Don't ask me about source, because I can't give this part to You. But at least now You know what to search for and noone will be able to tell You that's not possible :).

Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:09 PM
  • i will search about what you said thanks

Thursday, September 17, 2009 9:16 PM
  • Only the second option does not requieres active sync??
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 9:35 PM
  • Only the first one.
    Friday, September 18, 2009 6:09 AM
  • so my proyect isnt viable... thanks
    Friday, September 18, 2009 6:14 AM