none
The type specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'ods' could not be found when deployed to dev server RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I have an RDLC that runs perfectly fine on my local machine. However, what I publish it to our dev machine I'm getting: The type specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource  'ods' could not be found 

    The TypeName set as: CRT.Assets.Reports.DataSources 

    This may be a red herring but the dev server version runs as an application under a web site as a subdomain I have tried adding the domain name in front of the TypeName as Dev.CRT.Assets.Reports.DataSources  but nothing works up to now.

    Using DotPeek I can see in the sites dll CRT.dll that the class DataSources is there and its namespace is CRT.Assets.Reports

    Please help if you can.

    Thanks,

    Dave.

    • Moved by Caillen Friday, June 20, 2014 9:25 AM
    Thursday, June 19, 2014 9:45 AM

Answers

  • Hi Caillen,

    What suggested did not work. But I did enought testing of the RDLC on the server to prove it wass not the RDLC but something to do with the ASPX it was running from, I put the RDLC in another part of the site published it to Dev and it worked. The ASPX that these 2 reports are in are poorly written lots of needless crap in them so I rewrote most of them and published just fine. Why the Typename was not resolved on the server in the first place is one of those mysteries of life.

    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 3:16 PM

All replies

  • Hi DaveJohnsonO2O,

    Please check if this thread helps:

    The type specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not be found


    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.


    • Edited by Caillen Friday, June 20, 2014 9:28 AM
    Friday, June 20, 2014 9:27 AM
  • Hi Caillen,

    What suggested did not work. But I did enought testing of the RDLC on the server to prove it wass not the RDLC but something to do with the ASPX it was running from, I put the RDLC in another part of the site published it to Dev and it worked. The ASPX that these 2 reports are in are poorly written lots of needless crap in them so I rewrote most of them and published just fine. Why the Typename was not resolved on the server in the first place is one of those mysteries of life.

    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 3:16 PM