creating a report from a stored procedure RRS feed

• Question

• i have to create a report in SSRS from a stored procedure. i am using BIDS 2005 for the first time. When i click to add a new report it takes me to design the query. My query for the stored  procedure starts like create procedure getinfoprioritybased , so what should i write in query builder.

shall i copy my query from stored procedure and paste it ????How to create a report from stored procedure ??? Please help ???

msmustard

Monday, February 13, 2012 2:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Msmustard

Its very Simple to add SP. You just need to click on Query Builder window And then click on Edit as Text as below Image.

Change the commad type Tex to StoredProcedure.

Mark as Answer if this resolves your problem or "Vote as Helpful" if you find it helpful.

• Marked as answer by Honeycrust Monday, February 13, 2012 3:53 PM
    Monday, February 13, 2012 3:24 PM

All replies

• Hi

Create a report without the wizard.  Open up a new dataset.  In 2008 you can select the query type.  Change that to stored procedure.  Then enter in the name of the stored procedure.  It should then recognize your parameters and automatically create the parameters for you.  All that you have to do is give the parameters a dataset also.

Hope that helps.

Suhas

Mark as Answer if this resolves your problem or "Vote as Helpful" if you find it helpful.

Monday, February 13, 2012 3:02 PM
  • I have to create a new report, how can i add a dataset to the new report. i am able to add dataset to an existing report. I am trying to create a new report using a stored procedure. when i click on add new report it is taking me to a window where i need to write the query.

can you please explain me how to use stored procedure to create a new report

msmustard

Monday, February 13, 2012 3:14 PM
  • Hi Msmustard

Its very Simple to add SP. You just need to click on Query Builder window And then click on Edit as Text as below Image.

Change the commad type Tex to StoredProcedure.

• Marked as answer by Honeycrust Monday, February 13, 2012 3:53 PM
    Monday, February 13, 2012 3:24 PM
  • Thanks

msmustard

Monday, February 13, 2012 3:53 PM