Method not found: "Microsoft.Exchange.Security.Authentication.Utility.DeleteFbaAuthCookies" after update to CU18 on Exchange 2016 RRS feed

Answers

• I could fix the problem now.

I installed a new, fresh Exchange 2016 testing server with latest CU18, replaced the SharedWebConfig.config files at the production server and it worked. Do not forget to run "iisreset" in CMD with administrator rights after that.

Thanks for your help. I'll provide the SharedWebConfig.config files here to help someone when finding this topic: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al93fbfAEFekoUKzB5D-WubeWVFY?e=99JxtJ
    • Marked as answer by SurfySurface Monday, October 12, 2020 7:20 PM
    • Edited by SurfySurface Monday, October 12, 2020 7:21 PM
    Monday, October 12, 2020 7:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Davidus05,

Since you have find the Official article about it. We can know this question is related that two configuration files.

Here is also a similar thread which also tried with recreated that two files. Christian_W solved this issue by copy file from another Exchange server and replace the problematic file. If you have another Exchange 2016 server, you can have a try with it.

Please note: Exchange Development forum isn't supported by Microsoft. Exchange Forum has been migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A. In order to better solve your question, I suggest you post question in that forum.

Monday, October 12, 2020 5:21 AM
  • Hi Kyle.Xu,

thanks for your answer!

I only have another Exchange 2016 server which is on CU15. Should this also work or are there relevant file changes on SharedConfig when updating to a new CU?

Nevertheless, I'll give it a try. Otherwise, I would need somebody which could provide me with both SharedConfigs of CU18.

But what I don't understand is, that Microsoft provides the DependentAssemblyGenerator.exe, which does not work in most of the cases.

Thank you!
    Monday, October 12, 2020 7:28 AM
  • Unfortunately this didn't work, I got both SharedConfigs from a Exchange 2016 server with CU15. Replaced them, started IIS again and it doesn't work.

Could somebody please provide me with a SharedConfig file from CU18?

Thank you!
    Monday, October 12, 2020 2:25 PM
  • I could fix the problem now.

I installed a new, fresh Exchange 2016 testing server with latest CU18, replaced the SharedWebConfig.config files at the production server and it worked. Do not forget to run "iisreset" in CMD with administrator rights after that.

Thanks for your help. I'll provide the SharedWebConfig.config files here to help someone when finding this topic: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al93fbfAEFekoUKzB5D-WubeWVFY?e=99JxtJ
    • Marked as answer by SurfySurface Monday, October 12, 2020 7:20 PM
    • Edited by SurfySurface Monday, October 12, 2020 7:21 PM
    Monday, October 12, 2020 7:20 PM